Welcome to the Seychelles!
This group of islands located off the eastern coast of Africa is a true tropical paradise, with stunning beaches, crystal clear waters, and lush greenery. Whether you’re looking for adventure, relaxation, or a mix of both, Seychelles has something for everyone.
Seychelles is located in the Indian Ocean, northeast of Madagascar and about 1,000 miles off the coast of Kenya. The archipelago is made up of 115 islands, which are divided into two main groups: the Inner Islands and the Outer Islands. The Inner Islands are granite islands, while the Outer Islands are coral atolls and reef islands.
Seychelles is a popular tourist destination, and it’s not hard to see why. With its white sand beaches, clear waters, and tropical climate, it’s the perfect place to escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The tourism industry in Seychelles is well-developed, with plenty of accommodation options, restaurants, and activities for visitors to enjoy.
Here are some fun facts about Seychelles that you may not have known:
- The Seychelles is home to the world’s largest nut, the coco de mer, which can weigh up to 30 kilograms!
- The islands are home to a variety of unique and endangered species, including the Seychelles giant tortoise, the Seychelles black parrot, and the jellyfish tree.
- Seychelles was once a hideout for pirates, including the infamous Blackbeard.
- The Seychelles is the only country in the world where the giant tortoise, flightless bird, and fruit bat all coexist.
One of the main draws of Seychelles is its beautiful beaches. With over 90 to choose from, you’ll be spoilt for choice. Here are some of the best:
- Anse Source d’Argent: Located on La Digue island, this is one of the most photographed beaches in the world, with its stunning granite boulders and crystal-clear waters.
- Beau Vallon: This is one of the most popular beaches in Seychelles, thanks to its wide range of activities and facilities, including restaurants, water sports, and boat excursions.
- Anse Lazio: Located on Praslin island, this beach is famous for its turquoise waters and pristine white sand.
There are plenty of activities to keep you busy in Seychelles, whether you’re looking for adventure or relaxation. Here are some of the top things to do:
- Snorkelling and Diving: Seychelles is home to some of the best snorkelling and diving spots in the world, with clear waters teeming with marine life, including colourful fish, turtles, and even whale sharks.
- Hiking: Seychelles is home to some stunning hiking trails, which will take you through lush forests, past cascading waterfalls, and up to breathtaking viewpoints.
- Island Hopping: With over 100 islands to explore, island hopping is a must-do activity in Seychelles. Each island has its own unique charm and attractions, from pristine beaches to national parks.
Seychelles is a nature lover’s paradise, with an abundance of flora and fauna to discover. Here are some of the top natural attractions:
- Vallee de Mai: This UNESCO World Heritage Site is home to the coco de mer, as well as a variety of other rare and endemic species, including the Seychelles black parrot and the vanilla orchid.